Day 01: Nairobi - Masai Mara
After breakfast, we will pick you up from your Nairobi hotel.
Depart for the Masai Mara Game Reserve, stopping at the viewpoint of the Great Rift Valley and at Narok town for lunch. Arrive in time for a late afternoon/early evening game drive in this ‘big game country’ famed worldwide for its high animal concentration, abundance and variety. Dinner and overnight at the campsite.
Day 02: Masai Mara
Early breakfast then proceed for a full day of tracking game with your guide in this park whose landscape is savannah grassland on rolling hills. Virtually every type of animal is found in the Mara, which has an extensive road, and track network, which allows excellent photography and viewing opportunities, making it the best and most visited park in Kenya. We will cater for a picnic lunch at the hippo pool. In the evening, drive back to the campsite for dinner and overnight.
Day 03: Masai Mara - Lake Naivasha
Early morning hot cup of coffee/tea at 0630hrs, then proceed on your final pre-breakfast game drive. Return to the campsite at 1000hrs for a late breakfast then depart for Lake Naivasha with hot lunch at Narok to arrive for a relaxing walk through Hell's Gate National Park and enjoy the geothermal tower.
Stay for dinner and overnight stay at campsite/local budget Hotel.
Day 04: Lake Naivasha - Lake Nakuru
After breakfast 0900hrs, you will leave for Lake Nakuru to arrive for a game drive in Nakuru Park, which has prolific bird life including flamingos, white pelicans and the marabou stork among others.
Waterbuck and Cape buffalo can be seen near the shoreline. Rothschild’s giraffe and the white rhino are additional attractions among other species of plains game and cats like lion. With luck you may spot leopard, which is rather elusive. You will return to camp/local budget Hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 05: Lake Nakuru-Nairobi
Enjoy another last game drive at 0630-1000hrs at Lake Nakuru National Park. Return to camp/Hotel for breakfast and depart with picnic lunches en-route for Nairobi to arrive in the city in the early evening.
Those interested in combining this tour with a beach holiday in Mombasa, the train departs on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. Remember, you can combine the tour with also mountaineering, Tanzania, walking and cultural tours too. Please do not hesitate to inquire with our reservations desk for further information.
Safari cost Includes:
- All Park entrance fees
- Game drives as mentioned above accompanied by our professional fluent English-speaking driver cum guide
- Comfortable transport in our 9 seater safari vehicles with open hatch-roofs and VHF radio fitted
- All campsite fees
- All camping equipment (except sleeping bags which we have available for hire on request)
- Complete use of our two man mosquito-netted tents.
- Jungle-stools for sitting around the campfire in the evenings over a cup of hot tea/coffee
- Foam mattresses and ground sheets in the tents
- Three delicious meals per day i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner whilst on safari, prepared and served by our cook on open wood fires.
Price does not include
- International Flights
- Items of a personal nature