Talk about Uganda and you will discover Mountain gorillas are the major tourist attraction. The vast majority of these are her- in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Gorilla watching safaris in this impenetrable is designed for those in search of a real adventure and who relish the unpredictable wilderness.
Day 01: Entebbe – Kayonza
Upon arrival at Entebbe Airport,our driver guide will meet you and assist in boarding a scheduled flight to Bwindi National Park. Here, you will be met by our Gorilla guide at Kayonza to be transferred to your Camp/Lodge. After lunch, you will go for a guided nature walk on the Munyaga River trail, which ideally is a short walk. You will return in the evening/late afternoon for a sumptuous dinner and overnight at Lodge/Camp.
Day 02: Gorilla Safari
This is your day and after an early morning breakfast, you will be transferred to the ranger station for a good brief before walking up steep densely forested hills, slashing at the undergrowth, parting thick creepers, to track gorillas. The walk through the forest in search of these great apes will be informative providing information about generally tracking of gorillas in Bwindi, their character, feeds and diverse information at large about their lifestyle. You will return to your Camp/Lodge in the late afternoon. After a nice deserved lunch and hopefully great viewing of the gorillas, you are ready to go for a community/village walk to look at the local lifestyle of the people living close to this nature. Dinner and overnight Camp/Lodge.
Day 3: Departure Bwindi for Kampala
After a breakfast, you will be transferred to Kayonza airstrip for your flight back to Entebbe or onwards to your preferred destination.
Included in the price:
- Entebbe – Kayonza Airport transfers
- Domestic flights as mentioned above
- (Max. weight allowance 15 kg in soft luggage. Please note that this can change prior without notice)
- Ground transport in a private 4WD safari vehicle including an experienced local English speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation as described in the itinerary, based on 2-3 persons sharing a room
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Entrance and ranger fees for the Bwindi National park
- Activities mentioned in the program
- International flights to and fro Entebbe
- Visas and requirements as per Uganda Tourism Association
- Optional activities in Bwindi Forest NP and Lake Mburo NP
- Bottled Water and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of personal nature
- Laundry service